Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Stork Is Coming


Being a mother is awesome! I've been a mother for 19 years now to a young adult (Tonito), a teenager (Alexis) and a grade schooler (Enzo). It hasn't been smooth sailing all the way, but there have definitely been more highs than lows. It is a job I take seriously and I am ever so grateful to have been blessed with these three wonderful children.

So, whenever a relative or a friend is graced with the same opportunity, I get so happy, giddy & excited for them because they will get to experience motherhood. Of course, it also gives me a reason to put my creativity to work!


Here are photos of the diaper cakes I made for the baby shower of Jek (my best friend/cousin-in-law/sorority sister/travel agent) and Zoe (my sorority sister). They are simple to make, but provide great joy to the mom-to-be.



"To be a mother is a woman's greatest vocation in life. She is a partner with God. No being has a position of such power and influence. She holds in her hands the destiny of nations, for to her comes the responsibility and opportunity of molding the nation's citizens."

Spencer W. Kimball

2 comments:

  1. The diaper cakes are great ideas for baby showers. Great job on decorating them. Looks delicious. Have you ever thought of adding baking and being a pastry chef to your long list of talents and accomplishments?! As for being a great mother, you are my inspiration and role model. May I grow up to be just like you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jay! These are sooo pretty! I'm sure they all loved the cake as I did. I loved the way you put your toppings:) Can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete