Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's Just A Number

Most of my friends have turned or will be turning 40 this year. And if we are to be honest with ourselves, it is an age we dread. It's been said that turning 40 is one of the key psychological milestones in a person's life where we evaluate who we are and where we are going. It is commonly known as 'midlife crisis'.

I recall feeling anxious and sad two years ago just before I hit my two-score mark. The reasons are so petty now, but allowing myself that period of re-assessment gave me a clearer picture of my heart's desires and what is truly important to me. Thus, once I hit the big 4-0, I felt fantastic.

Hey! This doesn't mean I'm gonna go bungee jumping or skydiving anytime soon. However, I am going to pursue the things that put a smile on my face and bring me joy like....


taking long walks with love ones


waking up early before the world gets noisy


discovering the world with great travel mates


being completely mental with my amazing friends


and unleashing my passion for paper crafting!

Have you uncovered what makes you happy?

1 comment:

  1. Jay - 40 is a great age. And age surely is just a number. I like the idea of late bloomers myself. The glorious wonderful things ought to be reserved later in life when one is of the mental state to truly understand what they mean.

    ReplyDelete