Saturday, June 18, 2011

{Happy} Father's Day

Hey everyone!

Before I start babbling about my project today, I would like to give a big HAPPY FATHER'S DAY shout out to my loving dad, Luis, and also to the father of my three wonderful children, Tonyboy. Thank you for your love, patience, understanding and time. Your dedication to your respective children is immense. I salute and love you both very much!


I am sure you've noticed that I don't make a lot of masculine cards. Whenever I attempt to make one I get stumped.


However, I've decided to venture out of my comfort zone and hone my skills even if it takes a whole day to come up with one note worthy card for a man. Take not: I used the word man and not boy.


As I sat down to conceptualize my design, the one thing that popped in my head that men in general have a great interest on besides women is cars. With that in mind I went ahead and die cut a car image on foam to be used as the focal point for my card.


Yes, it took me longer than usual to put this card together, but it's all worth it because I made it for the very first special man in my life...and that's you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment