Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sentimentally Romantic

I am lovin' Adele!


I adore her sultry and soulful voice which could melt even the sturdiest of souls. And the manner she writes her songs, mostly about hurts and heartaches, makes them so easy to relate to.


Listening to her croon lovesongs all day long yesterday left me feeling sentimental resulting with this card.


The colors I used are very subdued. The combination of kraft and white reminds me of beach houses in the Hamptons (not that I have one). Very shabby chic!


The flower is made from a corrugated carton I saw lying around the house. It's the first time I've experimented on this material and I know it's not going to be the last. I'm bubbling with excitement with the limitless possibilities.


Notice the sewing I've done along the borders. I'm a newbie sewer; the reason for the crooked stitches. Even though, I am highly satisfied with the results. The not-so-perfect stitches add enough charm to complete the romantic look of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment