Friday, June 4, 2010

Glittered Guitar

Hello friends! Thought I'd share with you today how I made the cover of the birthday scrapbook of Toni. In keeping with the Hannah Montana theme of the party I decided to go down the glittery path. As everyone knows Hannah is a rocker chick therefore a guitar is never far away from her.

Impressive? Well, I can't take all the credit. My very artistic daughter was the one responsible for drawing the guitar which I traced on a piece of cardboard I saw lying around the house and cut it with my SU! exacto knife.

Afterwards I colored the guitar purple with my marker.

I then took my Tombow and used the broad tip to spread glue on the colored side. Next, I sprinkled pearly white glitter all over the top of the cutout making sure to cover all the space.

I did the same thing with the different size stars I made, but this time I used purple, pink, silver & gold glitter.

When all the components were ready for assembling I proceeded to put them together. Once I found the perfect layout I again grabbed my ever reliable Tombow glue and stuck each piece on the front cover of the 8 in. x 11 in. scrapbook.

Now, how cool is that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment