Monday, October 25, 2010

Trivia

As the term implies, a birthday is the the day or anniversary of the particular day on which a person was born according to Wikipedia. So, that would make mine October 15.

Forty-two years ago I was born in the City of San Fernando, Pampanga. Since my birth coincided with the Feast day of St. Teresa of Avila (1515-82) my parents named me Theresa Janette as it was the customary practice of Roman Catholics at that time to name their children after saints.

Now, why Jaygirl? Hmmm....let's see.

My dad who longed for a boy for his firstborn nicknamed me TJ. However, my sister, born a year after me, had a difficult time pronouncing the T before the J and would instead call out "J! J!" to get my attention. Family members mimicked her. Therefore, the monicker stucked and evolved into 'Jay-Jay'.

Years after when I attended college in U.P. Manila I made friends with a group of people and one of them was named Jay, too. Everytime someone would call out "Jay" both of us would always look up simultaneously. Thus, to prevent further confusion, our friends started calling him 'Jayboy' and me 'Jaygirl'.

I hope you enjoyed that bit of trivia about me. Now here's another one. What is meant by the term Tiffany Blue? Well, it refers to the protected blue color trademark of the world reknowned New York City jewelry store Tiffany and Co. whoose products reek of pure elegance.


As a challenge I used the photo above as my inpiration to make my very own Tiffany favor boxes.


Simple. Clean. Elegant.

1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday, Jay! Sorry I missed it but please remember I'm always thinking of you :) Your boxes are so inviting!!! So elegant and lovely! You do great work here, Jaygirl. More power to you :) Take care always :) Hugs, Kay.... http://creationsonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete